Reports to: Director of Real Estate Development & Management
Overall management of agency owned and operated facilities (e.g., affordable housing, office and residential buildings, child care centers, etc.)
• Explaining, interpreting, and applying HUD program policies, procedures, and regulations in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Conduct intake interviews of new applicants for affordable housing and market rent units.
• Determine affordable housing eligibility, create leases and maintain files according to established policies and procedures.
• Complete interim and annual re-certifications of tenants required for lease renewal.
• Assure continued compliance and terminate leases when necessary.
• Maintain affordable housing waiting list.
• Serve as a liaison between CHIP tenants and maintenance. Generate work order requests. Follow-up with tenants to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
• Conduct periodic inspections to ensure tenant’s compliance with the policies and regulations.
• Respond to emergency situations; answer questions and provide program information to clients.
• Investigate complaints and recommend corrective action to resolve them.
• Maintain accurate records of all tenant transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
• Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
• Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
• Assist in the process of applying for and renewing child care licenses.
• Responsible for completing and maintaining all environmental requirements for child care centers.
• Maintain accurate record of all facility licenses and certificates. Ex. Fire Department Certificate of Inspection, License to own/operate, elevator, boiler, fire alarm, etc.
• Assure all annual inspections are being schedule accordingly.
• Follow up with violation notices until all issues are resolved.
• Communicate with State and local inspectors.
Send resume to:
GBCA Inc., Human Resources
241 Moore St.
Hackensack, NJ 07601
or Email to email@example.com
or Fax to (201) 342-9339
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.