Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on physical structure, equipment and grounds of the facilities.
Various carpentry, plumbing, electrical equipment and lawn tools. A valid driver’s license is required.
Works indoors and outdoors in a variety of temperatures and conditions.
• Is responsible for the facility grounds: the grounds must be maintained in an orderly fashion; free from hazards, debris, and clutter. Sidewalks and drive ways must be free from snow, ice, leaves and in good repair.
• Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
• Is responsible for maining the building in good repair. The includes painting, replacing worn or stained tiles, repairing furniture, locks, baseboards, trim, windows etc.
• Responsible for assuring the electrical system is in good working order and all electrical appliances are in good working order: this includes call lights, emergency power, door signals, fire alarms and exit lights.
• Responsible for assuring that all plumbing is in working order and in good repair.
• Responsible for maintaining all facility equipment. This would include, but is not limited to washers, dryers, boilers, air conditioners, furnaces and lawn mowers.
• May be required to assist staff in moving residents and furniture.
• Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
• Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
• Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal and lawn maintenance as required.
• Basic knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, electricity, and mechanical tasks.
• Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and other departments.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral or written instructions.
• Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
• Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training.
• Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain or snow.
• Employee must be able to work without close supervision.
• Ability to perform physical labor work including lifting up to 50 lbs.
Note: Employee may be asked to perform other duties or tasks not identified in this list, but which are within the competence of someone with the above skills. The employer reserves the right to modify this job description based upon the company needs.
Send resume to:
GBCA Inc., Human Resources
241 Moore St.
Hackensack, NJ 07601
or Email to email@example.com
or Fax to (201) 342-9339
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.