Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
The Custodian is responsible for maintaining an attractive, sanitary, safe facility for students, staff, and the public; providing equipment and furniture arrangements for meetings, classroom activities, and events; and minimizing property damage, loss, and liability exposure.
• Perform all activities that are custodial in nature and deemed appropriate by Administration.
• Keep buildings and grounds neat and clean at all times.
• Clean and maintain all assigned workspaces and equipment, including but not limited to mopping, disinfecting, dusting and vacuuming.
• Assist in building and grounds security by locking all doors and gates after use and at end of work day.
• Assist in maintaining seasonal grounds work.
• Understand and follow safety procedures as provided by the Agency. Perform other duties as assigned.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit.
• The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach about the head and reach forward.
• The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders.
• The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds such as cleaning supplies, pails.
• The employee will sometimes push/pull items such as tables, scrubbing machines.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
Send resume to:
GBCA Inc., Human Resources
241 Moore St.
Hackensack, NJ 07601
or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Fax to (201) 342-9339
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons.